Have you ever heard of a circadian rhythm? It’s the physical, mental and behavioral changes in your body that follow a roughly 24-hour cycle, such as your sleeping schedule. What you may not realize is that many of your skin functions also follow a circadian rhythm. While you may begin to unwind in the evening, your skin is hard at work and actually increases its renewal and metabolic functions at night.
Consider these cycles in your skin’s functions that may influence its texture, radiance, and overall appearance:
- Cell proliferation peaks at midnight, and is lowest at noon
- Blood flow is 25% lower at night
- Oil production by skin glands is higher midday at noon
- Skin pH is more acidic during sleep
Specifically engineered with key biomimetic peptides, this ultra-rich moisturizer provides overnight, extra-strength moisturization and has a luxurious, balm-like texture and comforting scent.*
* Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.Schedule Your Consultation Today